Portside Red burst with luscious perfumed fruits and meaty dark plums with elegant, soft, subtle tannins as it finishes on the tongue. Enjoy now or cellar for further complexity.
Portside Red 2015 (Bordeaux)
Portside Red has an elegant finish on the tongue with subtle tannins. Full-bodied, dry and a savoury, more muscular than fruity.
- 2019 – Gilbert & Gaillard International Challenge – 90 Points, 2016
- 2018 – Vitis Vinifera Awards – Gold, 2018
- 2014 – John Platter Award – 3 Stars, 2017
- 2014 – Gold Wine Awards – Gold, 2017
- 2013 – Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show – Bronze, 2015
- 2013 – Gold Wine Award – Gold, 2016
- 2012 – Vitis Vinifera Awards – Gold, 2014
- 2013 – Veritas – Silver, 2013
- 2012 – Vintage Vitis Vinifera Award – Gold, 2012
- 2011 – Veritas Awards – Bronze, 2012
- You are required to purchase at least 6 bottles of any of our wines
- Shipping will be calculated according to the delivery area and will be discussed when order is placed.
Merlot/Malbec/Petit Verdot/Cabinet Franc
La Couronne Portside Red
Food pairing notes
Portside Red is an ideal partner for a juicy steak or to enjoy on its own but Springbok medallions & blackcurrant coulis or entrecôte with caramelized shallots or Welsh rarebit will end a fine dinner.
In the Vineyard
Age of vines: 10 – 15 Years Old
Yield: 7 t/ha
Harvest Method: Hand Picked
Terrior: East facing slopes with lots of morning and midday sun
In the Cellar
The Portside Red spent 12 moths in 1st and 2nd fill French Oak with a little percentage of American oak as well
TA 5.6 g/l
RS 2.5 g/l