Merlot is silky and full of juicy flavours with layers of black cherry, plumb, chocolate, dried herbs and cedar that make this a soft subtle wine. Elegance is the leading quality of this well cultured wine.
Merlot which means ‘The Little Blackbird’ in French, is a soft, ripe and elegant wine that go well on its own or with a low tannin level.
- 2015 – John Platter Award – 3 Stars, 2017
- 2014 – Vitis Vinifera – Gold, 2016
- 2013 – Gold Wine Awards – Gold, 2014
- 2013 – Vintage Gold Wine Awards SA – Gold, 2013
- You are required to purchase at least 6 bottles of any of our wines
- Shipping will be calculated according to the delivery area and will be discussed when order is placed.
La Couronne Merlot
Food pairing notes
Merlot is ideal to serve with turkey, pork, root vegetables, winter salads, stews and chocolate confectioneries or after dinner.
In the Vineyard
Age of vines: 10 – 13 Years Old
Yield: 11.9 t/ha
Harvest Method: Hand Picked
Terrior: East and South facing slopes with lots of morning and midday sun
In the Cellar
First fermentation in Stainless Steel tanks and the transferred to barrels for up to 12 months.
TA: 4.5 g/l
RS: 2.9 g/l